-Jon Butcher SOLO/ Two Roads East Tour- a JON BUTCHER solo tour kicks off @ CHAN's Concert Club in Woonsocket RI on FEB 2. The tour, 'TWO ROADS EAST' is the first such tour Jon has done since the 2005's BAREFOOT SERVANTS acoustic tour w/ guitarist BEN SCHULTZ. The concerts will feature a mix of Jon Butcher material from both JBA albums, Jon's solo work on Capitol Records and Blue Bureau as well as BAREFOOT SERVANTS. Additionally the Two Roads East shows will feature music from Jon's film and series tv work as well as special guests throughout the length of the tour. The CHAN's show will guest feature FLY AMERO [ORLEANS] and MARTY RICHARDS [J GEILS BAND].
-12/23 Rock 'N Soul Concert Regent Theater- a rocking Christmas concert at the Regent Theater Arlington MA w/ GARY HOEY, CHARLIE FARREN, SHEA ROSE, WOLF GINANDES, JOHN POWHIDA, HIRSH GARDNER, GREG HAWKES, PROFESSOR DOUG BELL, CASEY DESMOND, BRIAN TEMPLETON, BARRENCE WHITFIELD, DANNY KLEIN and CHRIS FITZ.
-12/18 Christmas BUZZ BALL- Jon appeared at 10th Annual theatrical production of The CHRISTMAS BUZZ BALL presented @ The Palace Theater Manchester NH. The 2012 show featured Jon, actor/ comedian LENNY CLARK, guitarist GARY HOEY, CHARLIE FARREN and a host of high octane talent in conjunction with GREG KRETSCHMAR and WHEB 100.3 FM .
-12/12 Jon Butcher/ Fly Amero, Live @ The Rhumb Line- Jon sat in w/ Orleans guitarist/ singer/ songwriter FLY AMERO @ the world-famouss Rhumb Line in Gloucester MA to a sold-out crowd of local artists, musicians and Gloucester 'High Society' including ALLEN ESTES and FLY's brother, JB AMERO.
-12/7 Robert Cray/ Jon Butcher BLUE OCEAN Music Hall concert- sold out- Jon appeared w/ blues legend and long time friend ROBERT CRAY at THE BLUE OCEAN MUSIC HALL to a sold out house. Jon opened the show SOLO with acoustic versions of HOLY WAR and the Barefoot Servants track, BOUND FOR GLORY as well as the FARREN BUTCHER Inc version of RAILROAD LINE.
-12/3 The American Revolution/ WBCN- On Dec. 3, legendary folk and rock music artists gathered at Boston's House of Blues to perform in support of "The American Revolution," the new documentary film that tells the story of "how a radio station, politics and rock and roll changed everything.", the story of WBCN Boston. The one-night event featured concert performances by: BILLY SQUIER, AL KOOPER, JON BUTCHER, TOM RUSH, former members of the band BOSTON, LIVINGSTON and KATE TAYLOR, JONATHAN EDWARDS, JOHN POUSETTE-DART, ROBIN LANE, JOHNNY A, CHARLIE FARREN, THE UPTOWN HORNS, DAVID HULL, WILLIE 'LOCO' ALEXANDER, JAMES MONTGOMERY and a special MC appearance by CHARLES 'THE MASTER BLASTER' DANIELS. In addition to the movie there is a planned concert film vid and book of the evening featuring the photography of Barry Schneier, Matthew Muise, Michael Sparks Keegan, Peter Simon, Renata Greene, Rocco Coviello, Ron Pownall, and Walter Mulligan.
-12/1 Guitar Talk Radio @ Berklee - Jon and CHARLIE FARREN co-hosted the VICTOR WOOTEN/ STEPHEN PERKINS concert/ clinic event at the Berklee Performance Center in Boston MA on 12/1. The all-day event also featured; GIL SHARONE, ERIC HARLAND, JOSH DOYLE and Berklee alumni and guitarist for the Boston Pops, JON FIN. Jon Butcher and Charlie Farren, in their respective roles as hosts of the syndicated radio show GUITAR TALK RADIO entertained those in attendance with music, music history and performance technique throughout. The event was produced by HIRSH GARDNER and BRIAN BERMAN on behalf of GUITAR CENTER.
*FARREN BUTCHER Inc, the MOVIE- the VERTEX FILMS documentary release of FARREN BUTCHER Inc- The Movie is set for theater release MARCH 30 2013 in Boston MA. The DVD release the film will also debut along the same timeline. The film chronicles the individual and collective careers of Jon and of CHARLIE FARREN through archival film & tv footage, live interviews and concert video.
-check out the 6/29 iTunes release of THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER- A Tribute to Fenway Park, Jons solo guitar performance of the National Anthem recorded @ TD3 Productions w/ Doug Sutler. Jon performed the NATIONAL ANTHEM at Fenway Park in Boston MA to the 49,605 member Red Sox Nation in attendance, see the outstanding live vid at YouTube!
- MLB Fan Cave! As part of the 100th Anniversary Celebration of Fenway Park Major League Baseball hosted a special viewing party for the historic New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox game to a select group of lucky ticket winners who were also treated to a special performance of the National Anthem by Jon on the special Fenway Fender Stratocaster. Pictured below; Michael Allen/ ABKCO Records, Danielle Boone/ MLB, Jon Butcher, Tracey Jordan/ ABKCO Records.
- check out the ABKCO Records Cd release of 100 Years- FENWAY PARK GREATEST HITS featuring Jon doing the AEROSMITH hit DREAM ON. In celebration of Fenway Park's centennial the Boston Red Sox and the Red Sox Foundation have joined with ABKCO Records to create the commemorative album, 100 Year Anniversary of Fenway Park. This historic album is comprised of contemporary recordings of songs that are fan favorites traditionally heard at Fenway Park and associated with iconic Boston bands.
- Jon made an appearance at the HARD ROCK CAFE Boston MA to attend the 100 Years- FENWAY PARK GREATEST HITS Cd release party with Red Sox players Jarrod Talamacchia, Mark Salling, Daniel Bard, Darnell McDonald and Charlie Farren.
-Got live! Farren Butcher INC appear in support of the JIMMY DiANGELO Celebration Concert event at the Hanover Theatre Worcester MA. Also, Charlie Farren and Jon will support DAVE MASON at The Blue Ocean Music Hall Salisbury MA Thurs July 12 @ 8pm. Finally see the Dynamic Duo Friday July 20 @ Boarding House Park Lowell MA in support of DENNIS DeYOUNG, show time 7:30pm
- FBI ROCKS! Thanks to Tupelo Hall and Jeff Lawrence @ 96.5 The MILL for a SOLD OUT FARRENHEIT/ FBI/ JON BUTCHER SHOW on 6/16! concert The concert bill also featured Jon Butcher Axis alumni Chris Martin! Thanks for a terrific night of Farrenheit, Jon Butcher Axis and David Hull which left no one in attendance wanting!
- More COMMUNITY AUDITIONS! The 2012 Season of the Emmy Award winning tv broadcast COMMUNITY AUDITIONS continues production this summer, watch for Jon and Charlie as they reprise their roles on CA as Judges with a heart!
- 5/ 29 Jon will perform THE NATIONAL ANTHEM at Fenway Park in B
oston MA on May 29 @ 7:00pm prior to the Red Sox/ Detroit Tigers baseball game. Broadcast on NESN and MLBN cable tv networks.
- 3/18 shooting continues on the new season of the EMMY AWARD winning broadcast COMMUNITY AUDITIONS featuring Jon Butcher again as a celebrity judge
- 3/9 Jon will be heard performing Aerosmith's hit DREAM ON for the Cd release by the RED SOX ORGANIZATION in celebration of the 100th Year Anniversary of FENWAY PARK. The Cd, featuring among other celebrity performers the DROPKICK MURPHYS is scheduled for release May 15 2012.
- see Jon Butcher in VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE in the NOV 2011, MAR 2012 and MAY 2012 editions!
- 3/ 17 Jon and Charlie Farren hosted a SOLD OUT performance at the House of Blues in Boston MA on Saturday night which featured guest appearances by guitarist JOHNNY A and harp player OTTO LENZ.
- 3/18 shooting continues on the new season of COMMUNITY AUDITIONS featuring Jon and CHARLIE FARREN once again as celebrity judges, the new season to begin in
- 3/9 Jon will be heard performing Aerosmith's hit DREAM ON for the Cd release by the RED SOX ORGANIZATION in celebration of the 100th Year Anniversary of FENWAY PARK. The Cd, featuring among other celebrity performers the DROPKICK MURPHYS is scheduled for release in May 2012.
- 3/3 SOLD OUT performance at the SOUTH SHORE FOLD CLUB in Plymouth MA featuring a predominately acoustic set by Jon Butcher and Charlie Farren which showcased material from both songwriters 20+ year catalogue
- see Jon Butcher in VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE in the NOV 2011, MAR 2012 and MAY 2012 editions!
- Check out the MARCH issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine featuring Keith Richards, Bill Wyman, Jon Butcher and Barefoot Servants bandmate Leland Sklar. Also included;
a 'vintage' Jon Butcher Axis photo! On newsstands now
- 2/5 | See Showtimes hit series, Shameless, this month and next featuring Jon Butcher music throughout the episodes ! February and March, Jon Butcher and Showtime!
- 1/28 | Jon and Charlie joined WAAF's Carmelita at the debut of WAAF Bistro, a live concert series by Carmelita/ WAAF which was held at the Sommerville Armory Hall in Sommerville MA on Thursday Feb 2. The sold out show was a hit with all of the lucky ticket holders.
- 12/14 | Jon and Charlie performed together and individually at the Holday Buzz concert at The Palace Theater in Manchester, NH. Broadcast live on FM stations across NH,
the annual event featured leading musical and comedy performers, as well as members of the cast of A Christmas Carol, which is playing at The Palace through December
- 12/09 | FARREN BUTCHER, INC. joined Robert Cray on a bill at The Music Hall in Keene, NH. FBI brought the house down with selections from their recent CD, 'FBI'
and from songs drawn from their storied careers
- 12/09 | Jon and Charlie Farren joined Greg and the Morning Buzz team, broadcast across southern NH, to sing, play, joke, and talk about the upcoming Holiday Buzz concert
at The Palace Theater in Manchester, NH. The annual concert event will be broadcast live!
- 12/03 | FARREN BUTCHER, INC. joined Gary Hoey and Lita Ford at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium for a packed house and rollicking show. Their performance of
MULE DRIVER, a song from their new CD, 'FBI', was twice interrupted by vigorous applause, and raised the roof for the show finale, joining Gary and Lita for Led Zeppelin's
ROCK AND ROLL!
- 11/27 | Jon and Charlie Farren were at The Berklee Performance Center in Boston for a taping of the Emmy Awards-winning Community Auditions. Charlie explains "It's a long
day, but it's a fun time hanging with folks like A&E critic Joyce Kulhawick, Magic 106.7 personality Candy O'Terry, Boston Pops pianist Brad Hatfield, and
the guys in the terrific CA house band. Watch for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday listings for the show on WBZ and WSBK in Boston MA, WPXT in Portland, ME, ENAC in Providence RI, and WWLP in Springfield, MA.
- 11/26 | Jon sat in with bluesmaster James Montgomery & Friends at The Amazing Things Center for the Arts in Framingham. FBI's mini set brought the house down, and they later sat in with the band for a rocking rendition of I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU
-12/ 3 Holy Christmas Cheer, Gary Hoey's Ho Ho Ho 'Home For The Holidays Christmas concert featuring Gary Hoey, Farren Butcher Incorporated and Lita Ford at Lowell Auditorium in Lowell MA, tickets on sale everywhere !
- check out the NOVEMBER issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine featuring the Doobie Bros, Johnny Winter, Jon Butcher and George Thorogood with news about Jon Butcher gear and guitars, Farren Butcher Incorporated plans for world domination and more ! On newsstands now !
- 11/19 See FBI at TCAN, The Center for The Arts in Natick 14 Summer St Natick MA, NOV 19 8:00pm, the performance featuring Joe Holaday[bass], John Muzzy[drums] and the dynamic duo ensemble !
- watch for new music in the soon to be released feature film, 'Bending The Rules' produced by WWE Studios in Hollywood CA, the film currently in post production
- work continues on the new FBI/ Farren Butcher Inc film documentary tentatively titled Guitar Talk Radio with producer G.Calvin Berry for Vertex Entertainment. The focus of the 70min doc will be all things Farren Butcher Inc- tour and recording history, upcoming and ongoing projects including the nationally syndicated broadcast Guitar Talk Radio which will feature Jon Butcher and Charlie Farren as co-hosts. "Our show is a fast-paced and personality driven, fun take on the music gear business and will feature big name guitarists like Keith Richards, Joe Perry, Eric Clapton, actors like Richard Gere and Johnny Depp and other celebrities as guests who are touring, releasing new books etc." says Jon Butcher " this is going to be BIG TIME."
- 9/17 The Freedom Rally on the Boston Common featured Farren Butcher Incorporated with John Muzzy, Jon Butcher, Joe Holaday and the irascible Charlie Farren. The concert for the 4,000 attendees left no one unsatisfied as the band rocked their hits old and new, including those from the new Cd- yowsa !
- 9/16 The Portland ME State Theater show with Jonny Lang/ FBI was cancelled due to illness and will be re-dated, stand by for more….
- 10/1 FBI @ Franktoberfest ! Charlie Farren and Jon Butcher rocked Holman Stadium in rare form for the 2011 Franktoberfest Celebration in conjunction with 106.3 FRANK FM. US Guitar Kits, Inc and Scott Dixon awarded one of their fine kit based acoustic guitars to a lucky winner and the crowd in attendance were treated to a rare duo performance by FBI 'live' !
- See FBI on Community Auditions in NOVEMBER, New England's longest running television broadcast shot live at the Berklee Performance Center in Boston MA. Check television listings in your town !
- And... hear the new Farren Butcher Incorporated 'FBI' Cd Sundays on Boston's Brunch By The River hosted by Lisa Garvey on independent music station 92.5 The River
- 4/9 FBI @ Boston Legends Tour Pt. 2 Whamma Jamma ! The second leg of the BOSTON LEGENDS TOUR was a tour de force on wheels as Jon Butcher, Charlie Farren and posse packed venues up and down the East Coast with long time mates; Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter[ Steeley Dan], Elliot Easton & Greg Hawkes[ CARS], Barry Goodreau[BOSTON], Magic Dick & Danny Klein[ J.Geils], Johnny A, David Hull, Marty Richards, James Montgomery, The Uptown Horns[ STONES], Gary Hoey and Professor Doug Bell. The shows were incredible and provided more than a few memorable big concert moments with Jon and 'Skunk' Baxter, Charlie and Johnny A and a show stopping version of Takin' It To The Streets.
- and speaking of busy schedules here's a quick thumbnail of FBI 2011…4/28 @ The Regent Theater….6/3 FBI @ the Palace Theater in Manchester NH w/ Phil Vassar…7/30 @ Tupelo Music Hall w/ The Smithereens...6/11 @ the Lowell Riverfest Concert on behalf of 92.5 The River… 6/18 @ WAAF spnosored 'Bike Week' live concert event at Mt. Washington...8/5 @ the Onset Blues Festival...8/6 @ Tupelo Hall w/ Vanilla Fudge...8/26 @ The Blue Ocean Music HalI 'sold out' w/ FARRENHEIT and David Hull
- 6/14 FBI @ INFOCOM Orlando FLA. Charlie and Jon appeared on behalf of the Bose Corporation at the INFOCOM Conference for two nights in a special and private performance.
- 5/1 Farren Butcher INC and KOMPOZ in Collaboration Contest ! Roger McGuinn did it. Rudy Sarzo did it. Now Charlie Farren, and Jon Butcher have sent KOMPOZ original studio guitar tracks from East Coast West Coast featured on the FBI Cd. Hundreds of entrants in turn sent their own recorded 'spin' on the song and the results were fun, hysterical and profitable for the lucky contest winner ! Charlie says, " This was a great time all around with some incredibly clever and original music choices and some amazing prizes from PreSonus, CakeWalk, and of course Kompoz. Thank you Steve Gardner, East Coast West Coast- yea !"
- I want to thank all of the hardware agents, gear merchants, guitar makers and high tech support received from a very dedicated bunch of individuals who insure that the wheels stay on the road- Craig Costigan/ Blackstar Amplification…Barry/MojoPedals…Dean Campbell/Campbell American Guitars...Dan Strain/DANOCASTER…Ellen Surrey/ JamHub...Revelator Guitars...CrossTown Custom Guitars...Matt,Craig, Justin, Nesto /Guitar Center...Hirsh Gardner/ DADDY'S JUNKY MUSIC...Danny Hines...Danny Murphy/ D&M Guitars...Michael Dorenzio...Wolf Ginandes/ Musical Instrument Service Center…Mr Music in Allson MA